How to get a Windows 11 ISO file using the Media Creation Tool
Users can obtain a Windows 11 ISO file by following specific steps.
To get a backup of the Windows 11 installation files and install the operating system in a virtual machine, you need to have an ISO file.
ISO is a file format that contains physical disk data. Software developers often use this file format to distribute applications with tools without using physical media.
Windows 11 is available for download via ISO file thanks to the Media Creation Tool, and an ISO file is also available for download from the Microsoft support site.
Download a Windows 11 ISO file with the Media Creation Tool
- Find and open the Windows 11 download page.
- Find the Create Windows 11 installation media section – click Download Now to save the file.
- Double-click the MediaCreationToolW11.exe file.
- Click Accept.
- Now uncheck Use recommended settings for this PC.
- Select the language with the Windows 11 edition.
- Click Next.
- Select the ISO file.
- Now you need to choose where to save the file.
- Assert a name for the image.
Next, the Media Creation Tool will start downloading the file and create an ISO file you need to use to install Windows 11 in a virtual machine, and you can also make the file for updating your device through File Explorer.
Download the Windows 11 ISO File
Download the ISO file from the Microsoft support site.
- Open the Windows 11 download page.
- Go to Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO) – select Windows 11.
- Click Download.
- Now choose your ISO language.
- Click on Confirm.
- Click on Download 64-bit version.